Need clarifications on Source Code

Topics: Technical Questions
Aug 21, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Hi,

I am evaluating MSE (May 2009 CTP release). Below are my observations on the source code (changeset: 31380):

1) The "May2009CTP" folder (used this since it was latest) does not contain the "Microsoft.MSE.Repository" folder for the database project. The same database project is present in "February2009CTP" folder though. Need to understand if the database project in missing in "May2009CTP" folder or should I refer it from "Februrary2009CTP" folder?

2) The project "Microsoft.MSE.Catalog.Module" project refers to the "Microsoft.UDDI.dll" namespace which was missing in my machine. I searched online and finally downloaded the "Microsoft UDDI SDK v2.0 Beta 1" package, but it gave me only "Microsoft.UDDI.SDK.dll". So had to get the "Microsoft.UDDI.dll" file from the output folder of "MSE Administration Tool" installed on my machine. Is this acceptable or is there a way to get the "Microsoft.UDDI.dll" online?

3) The "May2009CTP" folder does not contain the source code for the UI layer (WPF). It contains only 3 solution folders: "Catalog", "Common" and "Repository". Is this correct or am I missing the UI piece?

Hope you can clarify my queries. Thanks in anticipation.

- Channs

Aug 22, 2009 at 12:19 AM

1) Yes, I see the database project is missing in May2009CTP but it should have been included. However, do not refer to the February2009CTP, because it did change but nothing is hidden if you install the repository.

2) The Microsoft.Uddi.dll is found in the Platform SDK.

3) We only make the source available for the repository and the catalog server.

-Chris

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:05 AM
Edited Aug 24, 2009 at 10:08 AM

@Chris - Thanks for the clarifications. I am with you on points (1) and (3).

Regarding point (2), would be great if you could provide me the link for the Platform SDK.

I guess the one I used (Microsoft UDDI SDK v2.0 Beta 1) is not the correct one.

- Channs

Aug 25, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Sorry, the Platform SDK is now referred to as the Windows SDK: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/bb980924.aspx

-Chris