Resource URI issue

Topics: Usage Scenarios
Jun 5, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Hello.

I'm having trouble creating a new resource. When I'm typing the resource URI, which is something like "net.tcp://localhost:62075/Capitolina/Andrioleta/ApocalypseSvc", the "apply" button goes disabled as soon as I type "net.tcp://".

I noticed that if I type the wrong address, which starts by "net.tcp:/" instead of "net.tcp://", the "apply" button is enabled. If I press it, leave the resource and then come back to it, the URI label still shows the initial value ("net.tcp://"), but the textbox contains the previouly entered value ("net.tcp:/localhost:62075/Capitolina/Andrioleta/ProposalSvc").

Does anyone has an ideia about why this is happening? Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Carlos.

Developer
Jun 5, 2009 at 4:47 PM

The scheme of the uri (http, net.tcp, etc.) is determined by the binding associated with the resource.  In addition, the Resource URI is inherited from the System Instance the resource is associted with.  So the URI field at the resource level is a means to add a suffix to the URI inherited from the system instance (if needed).

hope that clarifies it.

Jun 8, 2009 at 8:44 AM

Thank you, I didn't fully understand how the pieces fit together, your post helped a lot.

The resource was associated with a net.tcp binding, I just had to associate the system instance.