This project is read-only.

Mapping in MSE

May 12, 2009 at 12:03 PM

Hi!

If I am going to use MSE to assist in making contract first development easier, then I personally think that MSE is going to have to do a lot more with regards to mapping. Today the only reasonable solution Microsoft have for this is the BizTalk tools for mapping, but the price of BizTalk license is a bit much for a mapping tool. I am currently consider building policies that call out to the ESBG mapping web service, but would like to know if you have any plans to make mapping easier in the MSE?. I think I noticed that mappings are implemented as policies in v7 rather than an embedded function as i 6.2, is this a sign that you are preparing to make things easier in this area?

May 12, 2009 at 4:12 PM

We do not currently plan to provide mapping functionality beyond the current XSLT policies that are part of the current release.  The intent of moving the transforms to policies was to be consistent with our polcy based model.  It also encourages the use of policy to do message manipulation beyond just XSLT.  Complex transformation policies can leverage external transformation services (such as the ESBG mapping service) as you mentioned. 

Also, it is on our roadmap to improve the out-of-box integration of the MSE with BizTalk (and ESBG).