This project is read-only.

Open Source

Topics: Usage Scenarios
Apr 7, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Hi there,

I'm reviewing this product and after some try out I'm really convinced that it can help my company to start up the SOA initiative. But I have one concern, I noticed that not all the source code is available, so, the question is why? Are you planning to sell the "not open" portion? I hope you guy understand my dilemma, one of the reason I considering this product is because it suppose to be open.

Thanks in advance,

JC

Apr 9, 2009 at 6:09 AM
Thanks for the inquiry JC.  To clarify, the MSE is not a product, it is a solution.  It has been developed and enhanced across various customer engagements over the last several years.  Given that, we do have some restrictions on what can be provided.  The focus of this project is the enterprise service model, which is defined by the repository and catalog service.  Those items are open source, which is why that source is provided.  The tools and runtime services are provided as binaries that can be used as is, or you can build your own against this service model.  If your organization has a requirement that you must use only open source solutions/products then you may have to go down that path or find an alternative solution, either of which might be challenging.

I hope this answers your question.
Apr 9, 2009 at 3:51 PM

You answer my question.

Thank you,

JC