This project is read-only.

Failing with Walkthrough: Flowing Windows Credentials through MSE

Topics: Technical Questions
Apr 3, 2009 at 12:26 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to get the "Walkthrough: Flowing Windows Credentials through MSE" to work here.

I have followed the tutorial by the book and when testing the configuration on page vi I get a security error: The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Anonymous'. The authentication header received from the server was 'Negotiate'. 

This is what the virtual service binding Xml looks like and for some reason security mode is "None":

<bindings>
  <basicHttpBinding>
    <binding name="BasicHttpBinding_svc_Calculator" closeTimeout="00:01:00" openTimeout="00:01:00" receiveTimeout="00:10:00" sendTimeout="00:01:00" allowCookies="false" bypassProxyOnLocal="false" hostNameComparisonMode="StrongWildcard" maxBufferSize="65536" maxBufferPoolSize="524288" maxReceivedMessageSize="65536" messageEncoding="Text" textEncoding="utf-8" transferMode="Buffered" useDefaultWebProxy="true">
      <readerQuotas maxDepth="2147483647" maxStringContentLength="2147483647" maxArrayLength="2147483647" maxBytesPerRead="4096" maxNameTableCharCount="2147483647" />
      <security mode="None">
        <transport clientCredentialType="None" proxyCredentialType="None" realm="" />
        <message clientCredentialType="UserName" algorithmSuite="Default" />
      </security>
    </binding>
  </basicHttpBinding>
</bindings>
Apr 3, 2009 at 5:12 PM
Looks like you are using the default calculator service whic is not security enabled. Instead, use the calculator service available in the "Security Sample Walkthrough " which is security enabled and should resolve your issue.