This project is read-only.

Problems with MSE Services

Topics: Technical Questions
Jan 12, 2009 at 6:05 PM
Hi all,

I am experiencing diffculties with the services.

Catalog Service:

I am experiencing a problems with the catalog service. It fails frequently to start. So I just uninstalled MSE and tried to reinstall. The next installation failed with "Failed to start catalog service".
"mseTraceSrc Warning: 0 : No Endpoints assigned to MSE Runtime [sfra802] in Catalog net.pipe://localhost/ServiceCatalog/Pipe - No Endpoints will be configured" .
Then I did the exact same thing again and it installed just fine.

MSE Runtime Server:
This Service is not started after installation and no reboot is required by the installer.

Cheers,
Tobias

Jan 14, 2009 at 5:48 PM
Sounds like there may be a few different things going on here.  First, are you still having the problem?  If so, after installation, create the following folder 'c:\temp\logs' then start the Catalog Service followed by the Runtime service.  You should see log files created in this new folder.  please post any errors you see in these files.

Also keep in mind that when you install the MSE, depending on how you chose to install it there may be no MSE Runtime defined in the catalog and even if there is there won't be any endpoints and operations for the runtime to host.  As a result, when the MSE Runtime starts, you'll see the error you showed above.  You'll need to run through the process of importing services into the MSE and defining endpoints and operations for the MSE Runtime to host in order to stop seeing these errors when starting the runtime service.