This project is read-only.

UDDI Publishing

Dec 9, 2008 at 1:09 PM
Edited Dec 9, 2008 at 4:13 PM
Hi,

I'm getting following warning

MSESnapInResolver: Unexpected exception Exception Information Type[FaultException] Message[A UDDI specific error occurred while publishing Endpoint data to UDDI]

After following the tutorials, when i check the UDDI (local) i don't see any services published under my providers, this
even after setting the serviceCatalogUddi\UddiIntegrationMode to "true" and pointing the urls to<UddiPublishUrl>http://localhost/uddipublic/publish.asmx</UddiPublishUrl> <UddiInquireUrl>http://localhost/uddipublic/inquire.asmx</UddiInquireUrl>    
I feel there's something wrong with the catalog service config and my UDDI security. My UDDI service is local, and the security is set to use http (no ssl)
and the security is set to "Windows Integrated and UDDI publisher authentication"
and in the config i have selected WINDOWS 
<
serviceCatalogUddi>
<
UddiIntegrationMode>true</UddiIntegrationMode>
<
UddiPublishUrl>http://localhost/uddipublic/publish.asmx</UddiPublishUrl>
<
UddiInquireUrl>http://localhost/uddipublic/inquire.asmx</UddiInquireUrl>
<
UddiUserName></UddiUserName>
<
UddiPassword></UddiPassword>
<
BusinessKey>33a6d0a7-7526-4cf2-ad59-971bf4475b92</BusinessKey>
<UddiAuthenticationScheme>WINDOWS</UddiAuthenticationScheme>
</
serviceCatalogUddi>   

The uddi log shows 
Context.Initialize
INFO  SOAP  2008/12/09 15:42:59  URL: http://localhost/uddi/publish.asmx
INFO  SOAP  2008/12/09 15:42:59  SOAPAction: ""
INFO  DATA  2008/12/09 15:42:59  Initiating a Transaction
INFO  SOAP  2008/12/09 15:42:59  Authenticated user: using Windows based authentication Identity is NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
INFO  DATA  2008/12/09 15:42:59  An exception occurred. Details Follow:
  System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: businessKey = 33A6D0A7-7526-4CF2-AD59-971BF4475B92
     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
     at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
     at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)
     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
     at UDDI.SqlStoredProcedureAccessor.ExecuteNonQuery()
     at UDDI.API.Service.BusinessService.Validate(String businessEntityBusinessKey)
     at UDDI.API.Service.BusinessService.Save()
     at UDDI.API.Service.SaveService.Save()
     at UDDI.API.PublishMessages.SaveService(SaveService ss)

SQL Exception in net_businessService_validate line 102 [severity 16, state 1, server XXX-XXX2008]
INFO  SOAP  2008/12/09 15:43:02  Message took 3139,4475 ms
INFO  WEBS  2008/12/09 15:43:02  Application_EndRequest

And in the UDDI web, the owner of the provider is set to be "mydomain\administrator" which is the login i'm working with. My UDDI web app pool is LocalService, and the MSE catalog service runs under Local System account. How can i verify that the MSE is publishing to UDDI ?
Any help?

Regards
satish

After following the tutorials, when i check the UDDI (local) i don't see any services published under my providers, thiseven after setting the serviceCatalogUddi\UddiIntegrationMode to "true" and pointing the urls to  I feel there's something wrong with the catalog service config and my UDDI security. My UDDI service is local, and the security is set to use http (no ssl)and the security is set to "Windows Integrated and UDDI publisher authentication"and in the config i have selected WINDOWS The uddi log shows Context.InitializeINFO  SOAP  2008/12/09 15:42:59  URL: INFO  SOAP  2008/12/09 15:42:59  SOAPAction: ""INFO  DATA  2008/12/09 15:42:59  Initiating a TransactionINFO  SOAP  2008/12/09 15:42:59  Authenticated user: using Windows based authentication Identity is NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEMINFO  DATA  2008/12/09 15:42:59  An exception occurred. Details Follow:  System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: businessKey = 33A6D0A7-7526-4CF2-AD59-971BF4475B92     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)     at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)     at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()     at UDDI.SqlStoredProcedureAccessor.ExecuteNonQuery()     at UDDI.API.Service.BusinessService.Validate(String businessEntityBusinessKey)     at UDDI.API.Service.BusinessService.Save()     at UDDI.API.Service.SaveService.Save()     at UDDI.API.PublishMessages.SaveService(SaveService ss)    SQL Exception in net_businessService_validate line 102 [severity 16, state 1, server XXX-XXX2008]INFO  SOAP  2008/12/09 15:43:02  Message took 3139,4475 msINFO  WEBS  2008/12/09 15:43:02  Application_EndRequestAnd in the UDDI web, the owner of the provider is set to be "" which is the login i'm working with. My UDDI web app pool is , and the MSE catalog service runs under account. How can i verify that the MSE is publishing to UDDI ?Any help?Regardssatish
Dec 10, 2008 at 1:50 PM
When the authentication scheme is set to Windows, the Catalog Server will use the credentials it is runnning under to authenticate with UDDI. If this is a lab environment, then try setting the mode to UDDI and specificy the username and password to rule out any other configuration issues. The recommended approach is to create a service account that the Catalog Server can run under and give that account permission to interact with UDDI.

-Chris
Dec 10, 2008 at 2:03 PM
Thanks chris,
i now have got it working with UDDI authN. I see the point, uddi server requiring the publisher to have rights to the publish-service.

Regards
Satish