Using Multiple Schemas for a single Endpoint

Jun 5, 2008 at 1:27 PM
Edited Jun 5, 2008 at 1:30 PM
Is this allowed?

I just tried creating an operation where the request is from one schema (the included serialization schema (string)) and the response was from a different schema.  The response's schema contained an Import statement.
It did not work.

We have some schemas that contain common elements used across the enterprise, and then each business unit created schemas to represent their specific needs.  For example the CustomerIdentifyerType is in the CommonEnterpriseSchema whereas the PayrollSummary is in the Payroll Group's schema.

Will we end up having to combine all of these into a single schema, or am I not doing this right?

I thought about adding a schemaLocation element to the Import statements, but I don't know if there is a way to create a URL for that.

Any Ideas?
Developer
Jun 10, 2008 at 11:55 AM
It's certainly our intent to support your scenario (request/response from different schemas/namespaces).  Can you elaborate on the error you are receiving? Is it at the time of defining the operation or trying to send a message to it?
Also, do I understand correctly that the schemas are being imported directly as opposed to being loaded through the service import wizard (e.g. wsdl reference)?

djessee wrote:
Is this allowed?

I just tried creating an operation where the request is from one schema (the included serialization schema (string)) and the response was from a different schema.  The response's schema contained an Import statement.
It did not work.

We have some schemas that contain common elements used across the enterprise, and then each business unit created schemas to represent their specific needs.  For example the CustomerIdentifyerType is in the CommonEnterpriseSchema whereas the PayrollSummary is in the Payroll Group's schema.

Will we end up having to combine all of these into a single schema, or am I not doing this right?

I thought about adding a schemaLocation element to the Import statements, but I don't know if there is a way to create a URL for that.

Any Ideas?