Future of MSE

Topics: Usage Scenarios
Sep 28, 2011 at 9:51 AM

I downloaded MSE and tried it out about a week ago as a step of evaluating different service management systems for our corporate webservices. I must say i really liked the easy way to manage webservices in MSE and it feels like a mature products in many ways, but i am a bit concerned about the future of this product.

There has not been a new release in over a year and there is not so much references or activity about this product in general. When ever im discussing web services with a developer they either referer to Biztalk or Windows Azure and none of theese alternatives seems suitable for our environment.

Does anyone know if the development of this product has stagnated?
Is there a replacement for this product and if so. Where can i find it?
Does anyone know if there are any similar products like MSE, except Biztalk which is to large for our corporate needs?

I really apreciate if you can help me with my questions.

Thanks in advance.

/Ahmed

Developer
Sep 29, 2011 at 8:28 PM

There is no further work being performed on the MSE and the team was unable to release the full source code to the codeplex community; which is not how the team wanted to leave this project. 

Windows Azure, AppFabric and BizTalk are the product backed choices from Microsoft to work with and follow.

Cheers.