MSE for Security

Mar 24, 2008 at 3:32 PM
I have done the walk through and have been playing with MSE for a couple of days. I see it as a very powerful tool for publishing services in a variety of ways. What I am having trouble with is how it can or if it can be used to enforce security policies. Does anyone have a good example of how to use MSE to secure services?
Developer
Mar 26, 2008 at 2:58 PM
You can use policy to apply your own IServiceBehavior and IEndpointBehavior classes. Both of these could be used to add extensions into the WCF pipeline to check credentials, and perform authorization.

jfinch wrote:
I have done the walk through and have been playing with MSE for a couple of days. I see it as a very powerful tool for publishing services in a variety of ways. What I am having trouble with is how it can or if it can be used to enforce security policies. Does anyone have a good example of how to use MSE to secure services?

Apr 24, 2008 at 7:43 PM
What about a scenario where the MSE is hosted on a web server at a hosted facility and needs to communicate back with services running behind the firewall. How can I use certificates with MSE?