Generated proxy doesn't get the response correctly

Topics: Technical Questions
Feb 25, 2008 at 4:49 AM
Hi,

I have an Endpoint in my MSE with one operation. If I test the operation with the MSE Universal Tester It gets the response Ok. I've created a Console Application and generated a proxy using Add Service Reference. When I call the method through the generated proxy It doesn't get the response and no error. If I have a virtual service in MSE, can I call it using a proxy?
Do you have any idea?

thanks,

Renato
Developer
Feb 25, 2008 at 3:57 PM
Invoking a virtual service through a proxy created by using Visual Studio's add service reference feature should work ok. Can you describe a bit more your scenario?

Are you invoking an operation that has a response xsl transform configured for it?
Are you trying to invoke the AddIntegers/AddDoubles operations from one of the sample services?
What bindings are you using?

A common problem I see is when a response xslt is applied that doesn't translate the response in a way that fully complies with the virtual service contract. This will prevent the generated proxies from processing the responses.

renatoguimaraes wrote:
Hi,

I have an Endpoint in my MSE with one operation. If I test the operation with the MSE Universal Tester It gets the response Ok. I've created a Console Application and generated a proxy using Add Service Reference. When I call the method through the generated proxy It doesn't get the response and no error. If I have a virtual service in MSE, can I call it using a proxy?
Do you have any idea?

thanks,

Renato

Feb 25, 2008 at 6:14 PM
Ok botto. Thanks for your attention.

I think the problem is with my service that is hosted by BEA Service Bus. During my tests few times ago I got the same problem even if I consume the service directly (add web service). As you explained maybe my problem is with the transformations my bea service is doing and the response message is not ok and the proxy can't process the response...
I'll check my bea service again to see if the response is ok after transformations. After that, I'll post the results..

thanks,

Renato.

botto wrote:
Invoking a virtual service through a proxy created by using Visual Studio's add service reference feature should work ok. Can you describe a bit more your scenario?

Are you invoking an operation that has a response xsl transform configured for it?
Are you trying to invoke the AddIntegers/AddDoubles operations from one of the sample services?

A common problem I see is when a response xslt is applied that doesn't translate the response in a way that fully complies with the virtual service contract. This will prevent the generated proxies from processing the responses.

renatoguimaraes wrote:
Hi,

Do you have any idea?

thanks,

Renato

Feb 26, 2008 at 6:16 PM
Hi botto,

You're right. My service in BEA Service Was was doing some tranformations with the reponse. I forgot to declare a namespace and the responde could not be processed by the proxy.

Thanks,

Renato.

botto wrote:

renatoguimaraes wrote:
Hi,

Do you have any idea?

thanks,

Renato