This project is read-only.

MSE - Delete Endpoint

Topics: Technical Questions, Usage Scenarios
Aug 23, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Quick question,

Can someone please let me know how to delete an Endpoint? I have removed the associated Operations, Resources etc. I am at the stage where I am righ-clicking the Endpoint and trying to delete it. The message I am getting is: "This endpoint cannot be deleted because it is currently hosted at the LocalRS runtime server. You can delete this endpoint once you remove it from that server". I don't see the option of removing it from the LocalRS server.

Thanks!

Aug 24, 2010 at 5:29 AM

Here is how to do it:

Select the Runtime Server [LocalRS] in the ModelViewer

Now right click the EP that you want to delete and select "Remove Association" from the pop-up menu

Once that association is removed, you can remove the EP.

Aug 24, 2010 at 6:35 PM

Thanks for you reply.

I have selected the RS Server, I can see my endpoint under the ENPOINTS section. I right click on it and the only option I get is Delete this EndPoint. Deleting does not work, same behaviour as I have described.

Ideas?

Aug 24, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Sorry! What I meant to say was double click the Runtime server [LocalRS] so that it is open in detail view. At that point, when you right click on endpoint you will see a Remove Association menu item.

Aug 25, 2010 at 6:05 PM

My only option is to Browse,  there is no option to Remove Association, unfortunatelly I can't attach a screenshot.

I was expecting this to be easier to be honest. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Aug 25, 2010 at 7:53 PM

Forgive me as I am not explaining it well.

You should NOT right clcik on the "Endpoints" list box in the RuntimeServer detail view. That's the one that only has Browse option.

Instead you need to right click on the Endpoint to be deleted in the main EP ListView under Related tab.