This project is read-only.

Importing the calculator service sample failed

Topics: Technical Questions
Jul 21, 2010 at 10:31 AM

When i try to import the calculator service like explained in the Walkthrough, i have the following error :
Failed to create or load Channel Binding [Imported_basicHttp_BasicHttpBinding] failed due to error [Exception Information Type[FaultException] Message[XML Validation: Declaration not found for element 'extendedProtectionPolicy'. Location: /*:bindings[1]/*:basicHttpBinding[1]/*:binding[1]/*:security[1]/*:transport[1]/*:extendedProtectionPolicy[1]] ]

My configuration : December MSE version, Windows 7

Any idea ?

Jul 21, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Can you get the detail error information from event log and post that to the DL? Is teh Calculator service running on local machine?

Jul 22, 2010 at 9:23 AM

All modules are on a same virtual machine (Windows 7 32 bits), the calculatorwcf is running as an administrator.

There are 4 events log, here there are in chronologic order :

Failed to create or load Channel Binding [Imported_basicHttp_BasicHttpBinding] failed due to error [Exception Information Type[FaultException] Message[XML Validation: Declaration not found for element 'extendedProtectionPolicy'. Location: /*:bindings[1]/*:basicHttpBinding[1]/*:binding[1]/*:security[1]/*:transport[1]/*:extendedProtectionPolicy[1]] ]

Failed to create or load Channel [Imported_basicHttp_BasicHttpBinding] with BindingName [Imported_basicHttp_BasicHttpBinding] failed due to error [Exception Information Type[ApplicationException] Message[Loading or creation of Channel Binding failed] ]

Failed to build an array of operations due to error [Exception Information Type[ApplicationException] Message[Loading or creation of Channel failed] ]

Failed to import service for Runtime Server [NULL] EndPoint [vpcwin7:8090/MyService] due to Error [Exception Information Type[ApplicationException] Message[Building of operation array failed] ]

Jul 22, 2010 at 3:11 PM
Can you look into the web.config file for the your sample service [vpcwin7:8090/MyService] and see if you have an element like the one below: <transport> <extendedProtectionPolicy policyEnforcement="Never" /> </transport> Can you try removing such element and then importing the service again?