Communication Exception raised in GetRuntimeServerFromCatalog

Topics: Technical Questions
Jul 19, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Hi,

I've facing a strange error in MSE.

Currently I've got an endpoint with a lot of operations, today after attempting to add a new one I started to receive this error:

--------------------------

MSE Runtime is unable to connect to the catalog. Communication Exception raised in GetRuntimeServerFromCatalog : The formatter threw an exception while trying to deserialize the message: There was an error while trying to deserialize parameter http://services.microsoft.com/mse/2008/11/catalog/services:RuntimeServer. The InnerException message was 'There was an error deserializing the object of type Microsoft.MSE.Repository.Service.Proxy.RuntimeServer. The 'maximum bytes per Read operation' quota (4096) has been exceeded while reading XML data. Long element start tags (consisting of the element name, attribute names and attribute values) may trigger this quota. This quota may be increased by changing the MaxBytesPerRead property on the XmlDictionaryReaderQuotas object used when creating the XML reader.'.  Please see InnerException for more details.

--------------------------

I've noticed that there is a limit of operations that I can add to the endpoint if that limit is reached the error mentioned is thrown.

It's obviously a parameterization problem, but I can't find where this parameters is to be change (I've already tried the change in every .config file).

Is there any explanation for this error? Has anyone ever had this problem?

Any help whould be appreciated

Thanks

Developer
Jul 21, 2010 at 2:29 PM

The config file that you need to update is Microsoft.MSE.Runtime.ServiceHost.exe.config. Please update the value of the CatalogBinding section to this:

<CatalogBinding>
     <bindings xmlns="">
      <netNamedPipeBinding>
       <binding name="CatalogBinding" closeTimeout="00:01:00" openTimeout="00:01:00" receiveTimeout="00:10:00" sendTimeout="00:01:00" transactionFlow="false" transferMode="Buffered" transactionProtocol="OleTransactions" hostNameComparisonMode="StrongWildcard" maxBufferPoolSize="524288" maxBufferSize="5000000" maxConnections="10" maxReceivedMessageSize="5000000">
        <readerQuotas maxDepth="2147483647" maxStringContentLength="2147483647" maxArrayLength="2147483647" maxBytesPerRead="2147483647" maxNameTableCharCount="2147483647"/>
        <security mode="None">
        </security>
       </binding>
      </netNamedPipeBinding>
     </bindings>
    </CatalogBinding>

I hope that helps.  

Jul 24, 2010 at 10:47 AM

I will try this solutions thank you for the reply