Setup error in Polish version of XP SP2

Topics: Technical Questions
Jan 28, 2008 at 8:53 AM
When installing mse6 in polish XP version error: "Error 26204. Error -2147217900: failed to execute SQL string, error detail: Windows NT user or group 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM' not found. Check the name again., SQL key: CreateLogin SQL string: IF NOT EXISTS(SELECT * from syslogins WHERE name='NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM') " occures.
I have local SQL Server 2005 instance installed - but there is no user 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM' - this login has another name in my localized OS version....
Mrozik
Jan 28, 2008 at 9:12 AM

mrozik wrote:
When installing mse6 in polish XP version error: "Error 26204. Error -2147217900: failed to execute SQL string, error detail: Windows NT user or group 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM' not found. Check the name again., SQL key: CreateLogin SQL string: IF NOT EXISTS(SELECT * from syslogins WHERE name='NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM') " occures.
I have local SQL Server 2005 instance installed - but there is no user 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM' - this login has another name in my localized OS version....
Mrozik

I found temporary solution: edit .msi package and replace "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" with localized name in "Binary" table: CreateLogin and CreateRole entries...
But I think it isn't good idea to force users to do so ... ;-)
Mrozik
Feb 8, 2008 at 7:53 PM
Thanks for the feedback. We are working on improving the installer to support more configurations.

mrozik wrote:

mrozik wrote:
Mrozik

I found temporary solution: edit .msi package and replace "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" with localized name in "Binary" table: CreateLogin and CreateRole entries...
But I think it isn't good idea to force users to do so ... ;-)
Mrozik

Oct 17, 2008 at 9:47 AM
I have had the same problem.
For those of you who don't know how to follow mrozik's advice and want to install MSE, below are some hints:
- use Microsoft Orca to edit MSI
- find table "Binary"
- export data from CreateLogin.Bin and CreateRole.Bin to disk
- edit the files and replace: "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" with "ZARZĄDZANIE NT\SYSTEM" (for Polish version)
- import those files back to Orca
Use this edited MSI to install MSE.