AppFabric + MSE + Stock Trader = Confusion

Topics: Technical Questions, Usage Scenarios
Apr 5, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Hi there,

I would really appreciate your help and advice. 4 years ago I built a Service Management Platform for a Bank using WCF beta 2 and BizTalk 2006 R2 beta 1. I have now been hired by another organisation to perform the same task but in half the time.

4 years ago AppFabric, the MSE and the comprehensive Stock Trader App didn't exist, we built from scratch looking at IBM Web Sphere and other competing technologies for feature sets to implement. So obviously now with the time pressure I'm under I'm looking primarily for reuse of existing technologies. The above 3 candidates implement some of the same basic feature sets however there are also many differences. None of them are fully supported by Microsoft (AppFabric is in Beta 2)?

I am inclined to start with AppFabric as this seems on the Microsoft Roadmap. I get the feeling the others will become obsolete as their feature sets are included in AppFabric over time.

Can anyone help here, what is Microsofts message?

Jun 9, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Hi Rob,

while I don't have all the answers for you, I will state that Windows AppFabric is now fully released.

TM