Error 1923

Topics: Technical Questions
Mar 18, 2010 at 6:10 PM

I am trying to install the Managed Service Engine on my desktop while pointing to a MS SQL Server database on another server.  When I run the installer with logging from the command line, I get multiple 1923 messages:

Error 1923. Service 'MSE Catalog Server' (Microsoft.MSE.Catalog.ServiceHost.exe) could not be installed. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services.
Error 1923. Service 'MSE Runtime Server' (Microsoft.MSE.Runtime.ServiceHost.exe) could not be installed. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services.

Is the installer trying to create these services on the database server or on my desktop?

Mar 18, 2010 at 6:37 PM

In order to have MSE installed on your desktop , you need to have administrative previlages. With respect to SQL server , the current user/service account needs to have access on the SQL server machine so that it is able to create a DB on that machine.

In MSE, in your scenario  , the MSE catalog services/MSE Runtime Services get installed in your desktop and the DB gets created in the DB machine. The MSE Catalog service tries to connect to teh DB once the service is installed.