Application Configuration error

Topics: Technical Questions
Mar 3, 2010 at 9:43 AM

When I navigate to Tools->load resources->web service metadata, I get the following error.

Application configuration error:

Failed to load wizard Assambly.

[Microsoft.MSE.Tools.Wizard.WS,Microsoft.MSE.Tools.Wizard.WS.ImportServiceViaWSDLWizard] due to error.

can you help for this at the earliest.

Thanks.

Mar 3, 2010 at 9:50 AM

Hi,

Can you provide more details about u r issue like

1. the type of service you are trying to import
  2. the exception traces on the catalog service.

Mar 3, 2010 at 9:51 AM

1 It is a WCF service

2 How to find exception traces? can you please help.

Mar 3, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Hi,

Actually the wizard itself is not loading... the type of service won't affect it?

Mar 3, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Hi ,

can you check if the catalog service is running?

windows->run>services.msc->MSE Catalog Server is running.

Another way to check the logs is in Windows-> Run->eventvwr

in EventViewer -->Application & service logs-> Microsoft MSE Calatlog.

This gives u errors.

Mar 3, 2010 at 10:05 AM

This is the stack trace of MSE Catalog

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSE Model Viewer
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date:  3/3/2010
Time:  4:59:05 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: *******
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( MSE Model Viewer ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: <LogEvent ClassName='Microsoft.MSE.Tools.ModelViewer.View.SummaryPage' EventGuid='03042253-b365-414c-b331-0bab999fa855'> <EventMessage>An error occurred while adding new item</EventMessage> <EventException>System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at Microsoft.MSE.Tools.ModelViewer.View.SummaryPage.AddNewItem_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)</EventException> </LogEvent>.

Mar 3, 2010 at 10:07 AM

MSE Catalog Server is running. I checked it

Mar 3, 2010 at 10:09 AM
Edited Mar 3, 2010 at 3:48 PM

can we take it offline. Can you provide me the URL of the service you are trying to import ?

Mar 5, 2010 at 9:37 AM

Issue resolved. Thanks to Makuma. Issue was with the local useraccount running the service as it din't had access to databse on remote machine.