This project is read-only.

Is this possible?

Topics: Technical Questions
Feb 25, 2010 at 3:16 PM

We would like to have two instances of the runtime service on a machine at the same time...one for handling external services (ie webservicesext.uc.edu) and internal (ie webservicesint.uc.edu).  I know this can easily be done by adding more servers but I'd like to have it all consolidated.  Or perhaps this can be done all in the same runtime?

Feb 25, 2010 at 9:17 PM
Edited Feb 25, 2010 at 9:17 PM

There's no technical limitation in running two runtime services on the same machine.  The installer doesn't support this however.

As an example, you can run multiple Microsoft.MSE.Runtime.ConsoleHost.exe instances provided you copy everything into two different directories and give each a unique value for <Name/> under the MsRuntimeConfiguration element of the app.config file.

To run as a windows service, you'd need to manually register the Microsoft.MSE.Runtime.ServiceHost.exe as a windows service giving it a different service name.

This should allow you to specify two distinct host names in each of the configured runtime servers to suit your situation.  We haven't specifically tried registering a second instance as a windows service.

Feb 26, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Thanks.  Got it set up this morning on a test server and it seems to be working well.  I appreciate your fast response.