MaximumResolvedReferences is more than 10

Nov 13, 2007 at 7:04 AM
When i was using the MSE to reference a WSDL file of a WCF service, i get the error complaining that the MaximumResolvedReferences has exceeded the limit. How can i solve this?
Developer
Nov 15, 2007 at 1:55 PM

Hi,
I will appreciate if you can provide me some more details about the problem. Were you trying to import a service using MSE SnapIn tool? Can you provide me with a screenshot of the error possibly? Also can you let us know the exact error message that you got?

Thanks
Developer
Nov 15, 2007 at 3:01 PM
It sounds like your WSDL references (xsd:import, wsdl:import, etc) exceed the WCF default threshold.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.servicemodel.description.metadataexchangeclient.maximumresolvedreferences.aspx

Do you own the WCF service you're trying to import? If so, would you be able to reduce the numbers of references?
Nov 17, 2007 at 12:13 AM
Yes, i own the WCF Service. I am thinking of increasing the threshold instead of reducing the numbers of references, but i am not sure whether it should be done on WCF client or WCF service. Please advice.
Developer
Nov 22, 2007 at 3:39 AM
I assume that you're seeing this error when importing a service into the MSE (in other words, the "Select WSDL" step in the Service Deployment Wizard). If this is the case then we would have to increase this threshold, since it's our Mex client that is reaching the threshold. I'm looking around to see if it's possible for you to modify the MSE's .config file to increase the threshold.
The best - and fastest - workaround in your case (since you own the service) is for you to reduce the number of references in your WSDL. I'll keep looking and will keep you posted.
Thanks