v6.2 Technical Questions

Topics: Technical Questions
Coordinator
Oct 28, 2007 at 3:15 PM
Edited Oct 28, 2007 at 3:26 PM
The current release of the MSE is version 6.2. For technical queries on this release of the Managed Services Engine, how to accomplish a task, or the intent of a particular feature, use the v6.2 Technical Questions tag.
Oct 30, 2007 at 10:14 PM
Hi, when trying installed MSE I get the next error in the create database process:
"Error-2147467259: failed to create SQL database MSE6DB, error detail: unknow error"
I have all prerequisit installed, but I try to use SQLEXPRESS database, this is ok. Can you help me. Thanks for advance.
Oct 30, 2007 at 10:29 PM
It isn't a tested scenario, but if you run SQL Express as the default instance it should work. Right now, the install only targets default instances.

galvigini wrote:
Hi, when trying installed MSE I get the next error in the create database process:
"Error-2147467259: failed to create SQL database MSE6DB, error detail: unknow error"
I have all prerequisit installed, but I try to use SQLEXPRESS database, this is ok. Can you help me. Thanks for advance.

Oct 31, 2007 at 8:01 AM
Hi,

I have the same problem.
Any idea ?

Very interresting project.

Thanks,
Philippe
Coordinator
Oct 31, 2007 at 1:52 PM
Hi Philippe. Can you provide us with the specifics of your platform, SQL version, and any SQL profiler information?

We have heard from a handful of people that are having this problem. We are still looking into the cause of this scenario, but in the short term, we are going to be providing an updated MSI that allows you to make the database installation an option. This would allow you to then use the SQL scripts in the Source Code to create the database manually and use the MSI to install all the services, tools, and samples.

- William
Oct 31, 2007 at 2:42 PM
Hi,

I'm running Vista Business with SQL Server Express and I experienced the same thing when I tried to install MSE. Tried both to "double-click install" and to run the msi from an elevated command prompt. No luck.

--larsw
Coordinator
Oct 31, 2007 at 4:18 PM
It looks like the common thread between the issues is SQL Express. Anyone having issues that isn't using SQL Express? For those that are, we are in the process of modifying and testing the install to support it - that wasn't part of our original test plan. That should be available later today.

- William
Oct 31, 2007 at 6:39 PM
There is a new MSI that allows you to specify the SQL instance from the command line. Please use this command to run the setup with a default installation of SQL Express.

msiexec /i MSE6.msi SQLSERVER=.\SQLEXPRESS

You will need to manually modify connection string to point to the proper instance in the following file:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Managed Services Engine\Microsoft.MSE.Repository.Service.exe.config

Restart the Catalog Server and then you should free to go through the walkthrough.
Oct 29, 2008 at 10:06 AM
Can you please check whether you install Service packs of the Sql server Correctly . I hope if you miss that this may cause the problem.